Frequently Asked QuestionsPlus helpful hints!
Frequently asked questions about RAW Paints’ products
Paint powder in a bag or large packaging?
RAW Paints’ paint powder is packaged in different ways, depending on which product is purchased.
We always look at the most efficient way for ease of use as well as shipping.
Can I add more water than the recommended amount?
Adding more water or PLUS than recommended affects the strength of the paint. We recommend using the quantity described for the first layer. Check the proportions below.
Changing the water-plus ratio: paint powder is for its own responsibility.
On the website in the processing document, check exactly the amount of paint powder and water/PLUS you need.
This is different per product!
Where are the specifications and usage advice of RAW Paints' products?
The use advice is in the fact sheet on the website with each product. If any more information is needed please contact us via the contact form.
Are the RAW Paints' products only for exterior facades?
RAW Paints has developed various products for various applications. Click here for the product overview.
What are the advantages of RAW Paints' products vs traditional paints?
The RAW Paints’ products formula have many advantages (depending on which product you choose)
Properties of our products are:
- VOC free
- Breathable paint
- Excellent adhesion on damp surfaces
- Suitable for façades with high exposed to UV
- High-quality and heat reflective
How do I know if RAW Paints' products remain on my wall?
It is important to know how humid the walls are. To be able to figure that out, you will be able to measure the walls with a moisture meter. Depending on the result, you can take the following steps:
- In the humidity level above 15%, you need to enable professional help to solve the moisture problem
- In the humidity level between 6% and 15%, consider enabling professional help to solve the moisture problem
- At a humidity level below 6%, it is not a problem to apply BASEPAINT
Points 2 and 3 are conditions on which our products can be applied.
Can I paint my walls if they are still damp?
Do I need to ventilate the room during painting?
How many layers should I apply?
Depending on the suction power of the wall and thus the prefering with the substrate, it may be that a third layer is necessary.
When can I apply the second layer?
Can I paint over existing paint?
RAW Paints’ products have been developed to paint on an untreated surface. If the underlay was previously painted with a breathable mineral paint it should not pose a problem to paint over it.
If the underlay is a non-breathable (latex) coat of paint, RAW Paints’ products can be used but entirely for their own responsibility.
The paint layer with RAW Paints’ products will remain on this layer; However, because the first layer did not have the ability to adhese and a filter has been created, the first coat of paint and thus the next will fall off in high humidity circumstances.
How many m2 do I paint with RAW Paints' products?
It depends on which product you buy how much m2 you can paint with 1 KG.
For more advice, see the product pages.
Can I clean my painter's supplies with water?
How can I clean the various walls on which Raw Paints' paint was painted?
Are RAW Paints' products available in multiple colours?
How long can I keep the paint created?
If I am not satisfied, can I get my money back?
Can I order RAW Paints' products online only?
What is adhesion?
The natural raw materials incorporated into the RAW Paints’ products form the basis for the unique paint powder formula.
The principle of this formula is based on adhesion of the mineral paint into the surface. A solid, mineral and insoluble connection of the paint with the paint carrier (plaster, concrete, brick, natural stone) arises. The cross-section of a plaster layer shows this process, also known as “election”.
Are RAW Paints' products only for stone walls?
Are RAW Paints' products suitable for old walls painted with white lime paint?
Does RAW Paints' also have transparent wall paint for, for example, a natural stone fireplace?
I've added too much water, now what?
If you have created a RAW Paints’ product with too much water, you can choose two options:
- You can leave the paint for a while, until it thickens.
- You can also add some paint powder to determine the correct thickness.
But if in doubt, always contact us.
Are RAW Paints' products shiny or mat?
Can I paint about RAW Paints' products with another product?
Can I put wall paint on wallpaper/ non-woven wallpaper?
Can I also paint my floor with RAW Paints' products?
Can I also have my cellar painted with RAW Paints' products?
My basement has fungus, what should I do?
- Is there mold formation in the basement?
- Does the cellar have the odor like fungi?
- First, treat the walls with a product that removes mold from the walls.
- Please consult your nearest do-it-yourself shop.
- Take pictures of the cellar for focused and expert advice.
Is cellar paint suitable for walls in the cellar with salt blooms?
Is the cellar directly to enter after painting?
RAW Paints’ TIPS
Before you start!
- Check the first layer on which RAW Paints’ products will be applied
- If the underlay is flexible, RAW Paints’ products are applied, it can cause cracking
- Underlay must be completely dry before RAW Paints’ products are applied
- Remove old paint residue, loose-fitting paint, dirt etc
- Treat algae/moss/fungus with a biological detergent and rinse with high pressure washer. Give drying time before going to paint with RAW Paints’ products
- Remove paint spots directly with water
Mix What you need!
Remainder paint powder can be kept dry and clean
RAW Paints’ VIDEOS
Check here for more videos from RAW Paints
Let’s Paint the world clean together!