FAQPLUS HANDY TIPS!
Frequently asked questions about RAW Paints’ products
Paint powder in a bag or bulk package?
RAW Paints’ paint powder is packaged in three ways:
- in the special RAW MIX in the sizes: 0.5 KG – 1 KG – 2 KG
- in a RAW CAN in the sizes: 5 KG – 10 KG
- in a RAW BAG: 15 KG – 25 KG
Can I add more water or PLUS than the recommended amount?
Adding more water or PLUS than recommended will affect the strength of the paint. We recommend using the amount of water as described for the first layer.
Check the proportions below. Changing the water/PLUS ratio: paint powder is for your own responsibility.
- 0.5 KG RAW Paints paint powder with 0.5 liters of water or PLUS
- 1 KG RAW Paints paint powder with 1 liter of water or PLUS
- 2 KG RAW Paints paint powder with 2 liters of water or PLUS
Are the RAW Paints' products only for exterior walls?
RAW Paints has developed various products for various applications. Click here for the product overview.
What are the advantages of RAW Paints' products versus traditional paints?
The formula of the RAW paints’ products have many advantages:
1. VOC free paint
2. breathable paint
3. solvent-free paint
And compared to the competition:
4. excellent adhesion on humid surfaces!
How do I know if RAW Paints' products will stay on my wall?
- if the moisture content is above 15%, you must use professional help to solve the moisture problem
- if the humidity is between 6 and 15% you can consider using professional help to solve the moisture problem
- with a humidity below 6% it is no problem to apply basement
Points 2 and 3 are circumstances in which RAW Paints’ products could be applied.
Do I have to ventilate the room like eg the basement during painting?
Since RAW Paints’ products are developed on a mineral and water basis, without the addition of (chemical) preservatives / stabilizers, space is simply accessible during painting. But fresh air during painting is always nice!
How many layers should I apply?
When can I apply the second layer?
For KELDERVERF: KELDERVERF is used in a mostly small space where ventilation is often scarce. That is why KELDERVERF needs a longer drying time. After 24 hours the next layer could be applied, depending on the percentage of moisture in the wall and the humidity in the room.
A drying time of 1 hour applies to OMBREWALL / RWP028 / RWP100. If a second layer is required, it can be applied after 12 hours.
Can I paint over existing paint?
RAW Paints’ products have been developed for painting on an untreated surface. If the underlayer is painted with a breathable mineral paint, it should not be a problem to paint over it. If the underlayer is a non-breathable (latex) paint layer, RAW Paints’ products can be used, but entirely for their own responsibility. The paint layer with RAW Paints’ products will remain on this layer; however, because the first layer has not been able to elude, and has created a filter, the first layer of paint and thus also the next (s) will fall off at high humidity.
How many m2 do I paint with RAW Paints' products?
- up to 2 m2: 0.5 KG
- up to 4 m2: 1 KG
- up to 8 m2: 2 KG
* ratio are dependent on the suction effect of the substrate; an open structure will consume more paint per m2.
RWP028 / RWP100 / OMBREWALL/ STEAMY / CONTRETE
- up to 5 m2: 0.5 KG
- up to 10 m2: 1 KG
- up to 20 m2: 2 KG
Can I clean my painting supplies with water?
Are RAW Paints' products available in multiple colors?
How long can I keep the paint once mixed with water or PLUS?
If I am not satisfied, can I get my money back?
Can I order RAW Paints' products online only?
What is absorbtion (election) of the paint into the surface?
The natural raw materials used in the RAW Paints’ products form the basis for the unique paint powder formula.
The principle of this formula is based on a verification of the mineral paint with the substrate. A solid, mineral and insoluble compound of the paint is created with the paint carrier (plaster, concrete, brick, natural stone and the like). The cross-section of a plaster layer shows this process of enrichment, also known as “election”.
Are RAW Paints' products only for stone walls?
I added too much water, what now?
- You can leave the paint for a while, until it thickens.
- You can also add some paint powder to determine the correct thickness.
Are RAW Paints' products glossy or matte?
Can I paint over RAW Paints' products with a different product?
Can I also have my cellar painted with RAW Paints' products?
My cellar is under the mold, what should I do?
Is the basement immediately accessible after painting?
Can I also paint my floor with RAW Paints' products?
RAW Paints’ TIPS
Before you start!
- Check the underlay on which RAW Paints’ products are applied
- If the underlayer is flexible, RAW Paints’ products are applied, it can cause cracking
- Underlay must be completely dry before RAW Paints’ products are applied
- Remove old paint residues, loose paint, dirt etc
- Treat algae / moss / fungus with a biological cleaner and rinse with a high-pressure cleaner.
- Allow drying time before painting with RAW Paints’ products
- Remove paint splashes immediately with water
Mix what you need!
RAW Paints’ products make it possible to paint whenever you want without worrying about the quality of the paint; you make what you need!
Remaining paint powder can be stored dry and clean
RAW Paints’ products are fresh products. Once created, it is stored for 1-2 hours.