Frequently Asked QuestionsPlus helpful hints!
Frequently asked questions about RAW Paints’ products
Paint powder in a bag or large packaging?
RAW Paints’ paint powder is packaged in three ways:
1. In the special RAW MIX in the sizes: 0.5 KG-1 KG-2 KG
2. In a RAW CAN in the sizes: 5 KG-10 KG
3. In a RAW BAG: 15 KG-25 KG
Can I add more water than the recommended amount?
Adding more water than recommended affects the strength of the paint. We recommend using the amount of water as described for the first layer. Check the proportions below. Changing the water ratio: paint powder is for your own responsibility. 0.5 KG RAW Paints powder with 0.5 liters of water 1 KG RAW paints paint powder with 1 liter water 2 KG RAW Paints paint powder with 2 liters of water
Are the RAW Paints' products only for exterior facades?
RAW Paints has developed various products for various applications. Click here for the product overview.
What are the advantages of RAW Paints' products vs traditional paints?
The formula of the RAW paints’ products have many advantages:
1. VOC Free Paint
2. Breathable Paint
And compared to the competition:
4. Excellent adhesion on damp or moist substrates!
How do I know if RAW Paints' products remain on my wall?
It is important to know how humid the walls are. To be able to figure that out, you will be able to measure the walls with a moisture meter. Depending on the result, you can take the following steps:
- In the humidity level above 15%, you need to enable professional help to solve the moisture problem
- In the humidity level between 6% and 15%, consider enabling professional help to solve the moisture problem
- At a humidity level below 6%, it is not a problem to apply BASEPAINT
Points 2 and 3 are circumstances in which BASEPAINT could be applied.
Can I paint my walls if they are still damp?
By measuring the walls on humidity you can determine if you can or cannot paint. Ask for advice.
Do I need to ventilate the room during painting?
Since RAW Paints’ minerals and water-based products have been developed without the addition of (chemical) preservatives/stabilizers, the room during painting is simply accessible. But fresh air during painting work is always delicious!
How many layers should I apply?
When can I apply the second layer?
A second layer can be applied after 12 hours.
Can I paint over existing paint?
RAW Paints’ products have been developed to paint on an untreated surface. If the underlay was previously painted with a breathable mineral paint it should not pose a problem to paint over it. If the underlay is a non-breathable (latex) coat of paint, RAW Paints’ products can be used but entirely for their own responsibility. The paint layer with RAW Paints’ products will remain on this layer; However, because the first layer did not have the ability to adhese and a filter has been created, the first coat of paint and thus the next will fall off in high humidity circumstances.
How many m2 do I paint with RAW Paints' products?
Can I clean my painting supplies with water?
Are RAW Paints' products available in multiple colours?
How long can I keep the paint created?
If I am not satisfied, can I get my money back?
Can I order RAW Paints' products online only?
What is adhesion?
The natural raw materials incorporated into the RAW Paints’ products form the basis for the unique paint powder formula.
The principle of this formula is based on a carbonation of the mineral paint with the substrate. A solid, mineral and insoluble connection of the paint with the paint carrier (plaster, concrete, brick, natural stone) arises. The cross-section of a plaster layer shows this process, also known as “election”. Save and exit
Are RAW Paints' products only for stone walls?
I've added too much water, now what?
If you have created a RAW Paints’ product with too much water, you can choose two options:
- You can leave the paint for a while, until it thickens.
- You can also add some paint powder to determine the correct thickness.
Are RAW Paints' products shiny or mat?
Can I paint about RAW Paints' products with another product?
Can I also have my cellar painted with RAW Paints' products?
My basement has fungus, what should I do?
Is the cellar directly to enter after painting?
Can I also paint my floor with RAW Paints' products?
RAW Paints’ TIPS
Before you start!
- Check the first layer on which RAW Paints’ products will be applied
- If the underlay is flexible, RAW Paints’ products are applied, it can cause cracking
- Underlay must be completely dry before RAW Paints’ products are applied
- Remove old paint residue, loose-fitting paint, dirt etc
- Treat algae/moss/fungus with a biological detergent and rinse with high pressure washer. Give drying time before going to paint with RAW Paints’ products
- Remove paint spots directly with water
Mix What you need!
Remainder paint powder can be kept dry and clean
RAW Paints’ VIDEOS
The cleanest paint of the Netherlands
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, Totam rem Aperiam